Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Long Time

I didn't realize it had been so long since I've posted. Time just flies by. Since my last post I've made a pair of fingerless gloves and worked on my BBS. If I ever figure out how to make a link for buttons I'll do that for the SFS site. Socks for Soldiers is my newest project. As a young girl I read a series of books called "The Outdoor Girls". I just loved those books and am now collecting them from eBay. The time period for the stories was WWI and in one book the girls were making bandages and things for the war effort. That really impressed me. When WWII came people knitted socks and other things for soldiers and now here we are with the Iraq war and Kim Opperman started a group to knit socks for soldiers. I'm so glad because we just can't let our soldiers be treated like a lot of people treated our soldiers in the Vietnam war. Sure they can have store bought sock but I want them to know I care so I knit. I'll post a photo as soon as I finish this pair.

The weather is nippy. You usually find me in a sweatshirt and sweater. I need to do some weatherizing for the critters very soon. Rosie is beginning to get an udder so I'm hoping for some little ones and not just a false pregnancy. I usually don't notice them come into heat until December which is late but she must have and I didn't notice.

Well, back to the knitting needles and a good show on TV. VBG

No comments: