Monday, September 28, 2009

Trip to Neillsville

Had to take my Sheltie in to be spayed and since the trip was in another city I had to stay all day. Found a quilt store I hadn't visited and managed to spend way too much. Wanted to find a park to wait out the day so found Highground. It's a Veteran's operated memorial to our troops in all wars. It is lovely and I spent a very restful day doing counted cross stitch and viewing the beautiful scenery. I was very sorry I did not have my camera with me. There were veterans there greeting all the visitors and handing out listening devises to explain all the different areas as you toured the park. It was very impressive. The weather was perfect, not too hot and not chilly. Just lovely. Today at home it's in the 50's and the wind is like ice hitting you. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Good day to quilt.

No comments: